ARM's Annual Convention
Monday, November 27, 2023 6:00 PM - Wednesday, November 29, 2023 12:00 PM (CST)
ARM Convention Registration is Now Open. Sponsorships are available and include at least one registration and the option to display a booth. Download Convention Program Here
Monday November 27
6:00pm: The Board of Directors invites sponsors, speakers, and registrants for a Monday Night Football pre-game reception at Kip's Bar in the hotel.
Tuesday November 28
7:30am: Join your colleagues, new and old, for continental breakfast in the exhibit hall
8:00am: ARM President Steve Semrau opens the annual convention with our honored guest speaker, MnDOT Commissioner Nancy Daubenberger and US Congressman Pete Stauber. MnDOT materials experts follow with commentary and status updates from the Concrete Office and the Grading and Base Office.
9:45am: Break in Exhibit Hall
10:00am Breakout Session Options:
- Basics of Concrete Materials: The "starting gate" for those new to the industry and the "perfect refresher" for those more seasoned.
- Turning Lemons into Lemonade: The Buy Clean Task Force: A panel report from our industry representatives on the State's effort to bring Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) into the public letting process.
- Breaking Barriers and Boulders: Update from DNR's Office of Mineral Potential, Riprap Gradations and Imaging Software: What are the Possiblities? MPCA's New Environmental Justice Effort: Potential Impacts on Construction Materials Supply
12:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm Breakout Session Options:
- Basics of Concrete Sales: The fundamental knowledge needed to effectively sell concrete materials.
- Business Management: Save Money, Reduce Emissions, and Improve Concrete Testing: The CTAC Program in Minnesota, ARM's 2023 Legislative Report and 2024 Priorities, Business Law-Palooza: New Business Laws of 2023 (retail delivery fee, recreational marijuana, ESSL, paid FMLA, etc.)
3:00pm: Break in Exhibit Hall
3:30pm Breakout Session Options:
- ARM's Environment and Land Use Committee will hold an open discussion of the raft of new regulatory, planning, and zoning issues that have recently deluged the industry. Local Permitting Challenges and Opportunities, Re-establishment of Joint Conference with County Planning and Zoning Officials, Water Appropriation Study of Wash Plants, Resource Mapping and Aggregate Reserves
- Innovations in Concrete: Low Carbon Concrete at MnROAD, Indiana's Experience with Colloidal Silica
5:00pm: Rock and Roll Reception Featuring the "Stonely Cup" in Exhibit Hall
The Rock Races roll again this year, with the added feature of a traveling team trophy. Does your company have the rocks to take home the "Stonely Cup"? Also to be awarded during the Rock and Roll Reception are prizes from the exhibitor scavenger hunt.
Wednesday November 29
7:30am: Concrete Industry Management Program Future Leadership Breakfast
8:30am: Workforce Development Initiatives
10:00am: ARM Annual Membership Meeting (ARM President, Steve Semrau, Knife River)
11:00am: Passing of the Gavel & Board of Directors Meeting